Saturday, May 11, 2013

Atkins Forever

Pan Roasted Chicken
Well, here it is two years later and Ray and I are on a diet again. Some things just never change. We are in NC for the weekend. It was so nice last night on the porch. Snowball and Mitzee ran around like something was chasing them. I sure wish I had that kind of energy.

We are sticking with the Atkins plan of 20 carbs a day just now. It is not so difficult after the first few days. I have almost quit craving carbs. I just love sweet stuff, so we bought some Atkins snack bars. I thought they were expensive for Sam's but wonder how much they are in a regular store. We went to Food Lion and picked up some Atkins Frozen dinners and some strawberries last night. I just feel like we needed some potassium. I really think that it is necessary for us to have fresh fruit sometimes. I plan on losing about 50 lbs and Ray wants to lose 25.

I get sliced deli meat and cheese slices and make roll-ups. They are very good and very filling. Costco has Steak Strips that are so much better than Jerky. I can eat a piece of that with an ounce of cheese and it holds me for a while.

If you want to keep up with our progress, just sign up for the blog and updates will be sent to you.

Barbara and Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment